Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thirsty Crow


Thirsty Crow, originally uploaded by harishkrishnan.

When summer sets in Chennai (Northies in Chennai will say it is always summer in Chennai) it always gets bad. As I saw this crow quenching (this is the word they use in newspaper always) his thirst, I felt nobody is spared.

On seeing this, I was reminded of the age old intelligent crow story, where the crow puts pebbles inside the pot, so that the low water level rises. Unfortunately there was no pot and pebbles here. Else I would have posted the same story with some original pictures

Anyway let us quickly move into some serious issue. Though nature never wanted to take revenge on its own species, the human beings, by heating the earth this way, it is all the result of the human activities. Though there are many contributors to this, one reason that quickly comes to my mind is the large number of air conditioners that are being used nowadays. (Irony is I am writing this post from my air conditioned office.)

Now the air conditioners prices have gone down and are available for many of the public. I won’t be surprised if ManMohan Singh’s government comes up with an AC for ‘Aam Admi’ or Karunanidhi giving away air conditioners as a bonus along with the Colour TV sets he has given away.

In scientific terms there is something called global warming (I passed Science exam with great difficulty and I think I left the chapter on global warming in choice) and lots of meetings and convention to discuss on this topic has been held by the scientific and the political community, the results of which are never known to the general public.

Creating awareness among the public and planting a tree will help a lot in preserving the environment for the further generations to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Radha said...

This happens in ur metro only... i could here the noise of rain falling on the roof of my house (ur so called kukgramam)when i was talking to my amma....atleast for this reason i prefer my "village" instead of ur city... :-)

April 10, 2007 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home